Last updated: October 5, 2016
Our web site
It is important for you to note that when using certain sections of this Web Site, your use may be subject to other proprietary notices and copyright information. If this is the case, you will be required to read and confirm your acceptance of any such notices before accessing the relevant section.
1. Medical disclaimer
All information contained on this Web Site, including information relating to dental, medical and health conditions, products and treatments, is for informational purposes only. This information should not be considered complete and is not intended to be used in place of a patient visit, call, consultation or advice of a medical professional or any information contained on or in any product packaging or labels.
Information obtained by using the Web Site is not exhaustive and does not cover all ailments, physical conditions or their treatment. The information posted is for informational purposes only and is to be used at your own risk.
You should never disregard providing dental or medical advice or delay in providing medical advice because of something you have read on this Web Site, and you should not use the information contained on this Web Site for diagnosing a dental or health problem or prescribing any medication.
2. Use of the Web Site's content
The intellectual property rights in the Web Site (including, for example, our trade marks) and copyright in all material stored, displayed and accessible on the Web Site is either owned by us or licensed to us by third parties ("Content"). All such rights are reserved by us or our licensors.
You are not permitted to use, modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, sell, license, rent, publicly display or perform, edit, adapt or create a derivative work of, in any manner, any Content or any other part of the Web Site, without our written consent to do so.
You are also not permitted by us to use the Web Site or access the Web Site or any of the Content for commercial purposes.
In spite of this, you may view, use, download, and print selected portions of the Web Site solely for your own personal, non-commercial, informational use, provided that you do not republish the Content and that you keep intact and do not obscure, alter or destroy any copyright, trade marks, service marks, attributions, patent, and other proprietary notices.
3. User conduct
When using the Web Site, you promise not to:
- use the Web Site or access it for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
- use the Web Site or access it to impersonate any person or entity, or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent its affiliation with any person or entity;
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Web Site or access to it;
- transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Web Site or access to it any virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or programme that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
- restrict or inhibit the ability of any other person to access or use the Web Site;
- modify, adapt or translate any portion of the Web Site;
- remove, obscure or modify any copyright, trade mark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Web Site; or
- use any robot, spider, search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” or in any way gather or reproduce the Web Site or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Web Site.
Any feedback, information, suggestions, submissions or materials you submit through or related to this Web Site (a "Submission") will be considered non-confidential by Align unless you inform us otherwise. By providing such Submissions to Align, you agree that Align shall have, at no charge and without the need to attribute the Submission to you, the right to copy, display, distribute and use the Submission.
You also grant us the right to make, display and distribute any copyrights and other intellectual property rights in and to, or based upon, the Submissions. Align shall be free to use and/or disseminate such Submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. Submissions shall not include any patient or doctor confidential information.
5. Modification, suspension and termination of the Web Site
We may also update the Web Site and change the content at any time. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Web Site, please note that any of the content on our Web Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We may also interrupt the regular operation of the Web Site, or any portion of the Web Site, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, to correct errors, or to make other changes.
We also do not guarantee that the Web Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions and we do not give any warranties, conditions, promises or guarantees (collectively referred to as "promises"), whether express or implied, that the content on the Web Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
6. Other web sites and resources
Please note that the Web Site may include links to third party websites, including social media websites such as Facebook or Twitter. These links are provided for your convenience only and do not signify that we endorse such third party websites or any social media account that we have linked to. Because we have no direct control over such sites and resources, we are not responsible for their availability or for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. We also do not review such third party websites so please note that:
- we are not responsible for such websites, including the terms on which such websites are made available and the privacy policies of such websites, and we do not control their content or availability;
- we make no promise either express or implied, in relation to any goods or services or information received from such websites; and
- if you access any such websites, you do so entirely at its own risk.
You may not frame, link or deep-link to the Web Site to any other website without our prior written consent. Any such consent will be subject to certain conditions. Should you wish to frame or set up a link or deep link to our Web Site please contact email@example.com
7. Privacy and cookies
Taking this into account, we accept no liability as to the suitability or fitness of the Web Site in meeting your needs and we exclude all express or implied promises, including, without limitation:
- that access to the Web Site will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that the Web Site or the computer server from which the Web Site is made available, are free of viruses or other harmful components; and
- to the accuracy, content, timeliness, completeness, reliability, quality or suitability of any content contained in or delivered via the Web Site or otherwise made available in connection with the Web Site.
Please note that there are some implied promises (often called "warranties") which we legally cannot exclude. To find out more about these and to seek advice about your legal rights, please note that this is available from your free local consumer advice centres in your country of residence. For example, if you are resident in England, then you can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau for more information and guidance.
9. Limitation of liability
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Web Site or on any website linked to it.
You also acknowledge and agree that the operation of the Web Site is dependent upon the proper and effective functioning of the internet and other third party equipment and services (including your own device or web browser), and that we do not guarantee and will not be liable for these in any way.
If you are a consumer and are using this Web Site, please note that we only provide our Web Site for domestic and private use. You must not use our Web Site for any commercial or business purposes and we will not be liable to you for any special, indirect, punitive or consequential losses or damages, or any loss of data, profits, revenues, business, or goodwill.
10. Our Rights
11. Legal disputes
12. Contact Us
If you believe that your copyright (or other intellectual property rights) has been infringed on the Web Site or that there is any content which you believe is illegal or infringes you or a third party's rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © Align Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Invisalign and the Invisalign logo are registered trade marks of Align Technology, Inc.